Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: You have my attention since we......

My speakers are Pure Audio Project Duets with Voxativ full range drivers with woofers added for the lower end. I always thought they were a little bit lacking in the bass until I got the AGD amp. I turned off the subwoofer I was using and don't miss it a bit. My preamp is Tortuga passive preamp, balanced. It was a complete unit, but now the company only sells parts to the DIY crowd. For a while I was using their "tube buffer" but it went on the fritz so it's now out of the system.

The Son of Ampzilla II and the NAD C-298 are great amps, and will never speak negatively of them, but the AGD is at another level. Of course, it costs more than twice that of the NAD, and a grand more than the Ampzilla. Not sure if the latter is still available. The company was acquired by Wired for Sound a few years back, but the SST website is still up and advertising the amp for sale. For what that's worth, the internet being what it is.

My room is usually a mess like this. Too much junk and not enough places to put it. Note the SST on the floor in front of the right speaker.

Edits: 04/26/24

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You have my attention since we...... - Mali 14:45:38 04/26/24 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.